[Pythonmac-SIG] Python interactive segfaults on OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Michael O'Donnell micko at wagsoft.com
Mon Oct 28 10:54:46 CET 2013

Ooops, I spoke too soon.

To repeat, 3.3.3 rc1 works fine with Maverick.

However, after installing python 2.7.6rc1, Idle crashes
on launch (right click on a .py file, and select "Open with..."
and then select Idle "(2.7.6rc1)".

The idle window pops up for less than a second then disappears.
No error window appears.

Opening console, I see a line:

28/10/2013 10:53:22.382 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[137]:
(org.python.IDLE.32416[1792]) Exited with code: 1

Mick