[Pythonmac-SIG] Pythonmac-SIG Digest, Vol 129, Issue 1

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sun Jan 5 16:55:44 CET 2014

On 1/5/14, 8:34 AM, Tony Cappellini wrote:
> Now- to get back to a clean slate- if I just delete the
> wxPython directory that was installed, will that remove
> everything needed to cleanup, or are there other steps involved in
> removing a bad wx installation?

wxPython 3.0 has just been released. I'd download the one that supports
Cocoa from http://wxpython.org/download.php#osx
(wxPython3.0-osx-cocoa-py2.7). The disk image includes a script to
remove previous installations of wxPython. Running this script and then
installing 3.0 will accomplish two things: cleaning up your old
installation; and supporting 64-bit Python. I bet you can run the
installer package from the GUI, as well, since it's not an old package
like wxPython 2.8.

Hope this helps,
Kevin

--