[Pythonmac-SIG] [Pyobjc-dev] Towards PyObjC 3.0

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:00:11 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:

> From what I've seen so far, and that's only a 5 minute glance at the public
> documentation, Swift will be a competing product as an easy scripting-like
> way to build applications. That's no reason to stop work on PyObjC though,
> I'm using PyObjC to write GUIs for applications where most of the code is
> written in Python and is using cross-platform Python code. Swift changes
> nothing for that use case w.r.t. Objective-C.

I'm very glad to hear you say this.  I have downloaded the
documentation for Swift, and read it.  It looks like a huge
improvement on Objective-C, but I would have been very sad indeed if
it had led you to abandon PyObjC.  In fact, if you are right that
there is now some kind of translation table that could make PyObjC
method names even better, that would be really brilliant.

N.