[Pythonmac-SIG] [Pyobjc-dev] PyObjC 3.2 released

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Dec 6 16:15:34 EST 2016

> On Dec 6, 2016, at 12:55 PM, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:
>

>> On 6 Dec 2016, at 21:43, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com <mailto:glyph at twistedmatrix.com>> wrote:
>>

>>> Anyways, there may be a 3.2.1 release by the end of the week, I just noticed that building PyObjC on 10.12 doesn’t work when using python 2.7, I apparently only tested python 2.7 on older OSX releases :-(
>>
>> Thanks for saving me some time - I was just about to test that configuration :).  It works fine on 10.11, which is what this machine is running!
>
> What version of Xcode do you use?  And do you use a framework build of Python?  The issue I saw earlier should be present on 10.11 as well when using Xcode 8.1 (which includes the 10.12 SDK)

So... technically the answer for Xcode is "8.1" but when I launched it to find out it asked me to "install required components"... but even after installing them it builds fine (with pip --no-use-wheel to avoid using my previously-cached wheels from the earlier attempt).  I also tried pip wheel --no-cache-dir just in case; it works that way as well.

I use a framework build of 2.7, from Homebrew.

Given the confusion you've expressed, I went ahead and tried to build this for my Sierra machine as well, and it worked there too.  So as far as I can tell there is no bug, but I haven't tried with the system-provided Python.

Happy to report any other salient details though; let me know.

-glyph