[Pythonmac-SIG] [Pyobjc-dev] notarization works! (was Re: not that)

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon Oct 29 04:13:59 EDT 2018

> On 29 Oct 2018, at 07:58, Ronald Oussoren via Pyobjc-dev <pyobjc-dev at lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> MAP_JIT is a mmap flag that’s apparently introduced in 10.14. The slides at https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/702/ <https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/702/> mention this flag and the hardened runtime.
>
> I guess we should add this flag to the code in Modules/_ctypes/malloc_closure.c CPython) and in the similar code in PyObjC.  The annoying bit is that the flag is new in 10.14, and CPython installers are created on 10.9 which means those won’t include the new flag for a long time.
>
> I’ll have to check if using MAP_JIT is ok when deploying on older macOS versions, or if the code should do a runtime version check.

I filed an issue with PyObjC to ensure I don’t forget to look into this: https://bitbucket.org/ronaldoussoren/pyobjc/issues/253/use-map_fixed-on-macos-1014 <https://bitbucket.org/ronaldoussoren/pyobjc/issues/253/use-map_fixed-on-macos-1014>.

I’ll look into ctypes when I have a good solution for PyObjC.

Ronald