[PyVault-users] New Packages

Jeff Pitman jeff.pitman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 16:53:15 CET 2005

Hi,

"I'm not dead, yet."

The new job has been pretty draining over the last couple of months.
So, not a lot of head-way has been made on pyvault. I'm still
interested in working on it as it's an interesting experiment.

In the latest of experiments, I have implemented a new multi-package
policy that sets up packages like so:

python-foo
pythonXY-foo

The base python-foo package will contain non-"site-packages" related
files like /usr/bin and /usr/share/doc. The lib-specific package will
contain the site-packages directories for its respective python
version. These two packages will depend on each other to ensure that
either of them are installed in the event the other is installed.

I'm releasing the following today:

python-crypto
python-fpconst
python-linda
python-pexpect
python-soappy
python-sqlobject
python-twisted
  python-twisted-conch
  python-twisted-flow
  python-twisted-lore
  python-twisted-mail
  python-twisted-names
  python-twisted-news
  python-twisted-pair
  python-twisted-web
  python-twisted-web2
  python-twisted-words
  python-twisted-xish
yum

Some are just restructured. Some are actually new releases. Please
test on your respective systems and let me know if I broke anything.

merry christmas,
--
-jeff