[PyVault-users] pyvault yum headers out of date

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Thu Jun 23 01:11:40 CEST 2005

On Thursday 23 June 2005 04:31, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> I was trying to help someone access python installs via
> yum:  Error getting file
>
>http://python.org/pyvault/fedora/1/i386/stable/headers/python22-tkinter-0-2.2.3-2.1.fc1.pyv.i386.hdr
>

> http://www.python.org/pyvault/fedora/2/i386/stable/headers/header.info
> has:
> 0:python22-tkinter-2.2.3-2.1.fc2.pyv.i386=RPMS/python22-tkinter-2.2.3
> -2.1.fc2.pyv.i386.rpm
>
>      but the file is clearly:
>
> http://www.python.org/pyvault/fedora/2/i386/stable/headers/python22-t
> kinter-0-2.2.3-4.1.fc2.pyv.i386.hdr
>
>      (notice the 2.1 versus 4.1)
>
>      I figured that for once this miiight be a webmaster
> issue, but  otherwise please forward this message to the
> pyvault maintainer.

Norman:

Thanks for taking a look at PyVault. I regenerated the yum headers for
that directory.  Try again in an hour or so after it rsyncs up to
python.org.

I'm still working on some infrastructure for PyVault to help with
maintaining it and building it. So, some of these directories have gone
unmaintained.

In the future, I plan on only supporting Fedora 3 and 4, and CentOS 3.5
and 4.  Also, albeit controversial, I think I'll only support xml
metadata which yum 2.2+ and smart support.  This means old yum and apt
will not be supported. The complexity of generating 3 kinds of metadata
is not fun to deal with.

take care,
--
-jeff