[PyVault-users] ANN: Python 2.4.2 Released

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Thu Sep 29 09:27:40 CEST 2005

Hi all:

Python 2.4.2 has been released for about 14 hours now.  I forgot to
issue a general notice.

I have also added a Redhat patch that uses canonicalize_file_name for
safer and secure ways of obtaining the path from a script passed as an
argument to the python interpreter.  There were some issues at first,
but it has stabilized and appears to be of great use.

I might consider pushing the patch into Py 2.3.

Please test and provide feedback on how it's working for your systems.

enjoy,
--
-jeff