[sapug] Introduction

julian flint eljumad at internode.on.net
Tue Feb 7 13:44:57 CET 2006

Hi All,
I'm a complete beginner to programming, but have done bit of networking,
small systems and a heap of statistical work in the health area (General
Practice - but I'm not a doc)

Am very interested in python as there is currently a GP clinical program
(GnuMed) being developed and I would be interested in being involved
somehow. Am also interested in developing an app to interrogate some of
the existing  clinical programs' backends - many have woeful native
search tools

After much advice gained from the linux SA list I'll be doing initial
work in Vim or Emacs methinks, so excuse any newbie questions.
Would be very interested in attending any meetings that are held, and
could drag one or two others along ;-)

Cheers
Julian Flint