[sapug] Introduction

Daryl Tester Daryl.Tester at iocane.com.au
Mon Feb 13 21:31:14 CET 2006

Chris Foote wrote:

>> He's harmless provided you don't get him wet or feed him after midnight.

> ... or get him started on Python's "list comprehensions" versus Ruby's
> "blocks"[1].

As an aside, Guido appears to have reversed his decision of several years
and is now going to keep lambda:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-February/060415.html

(which I think is good news; now if only he'll consider Stackless ...).

And according to his blog, he's taken a job at Google; last I remember
he was at Elemental with Dan Farmer (he of Satan fame).  The lad gets
around.  :-)

> I'd like to try Ruby on Rails, so I'll get to play with Ruby then.

Another entry on my near infinite to-do list. :-/

--
Regards,
  Daryl Tester, IOCANE Pty. Ltd.