[sapug] Introduction

Chris Were chris.were at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 23:40:00 CET 2006

Hi,

Not sure if anyone else has joined yet, but I thought I would introduce
myself - it's great to have a Python SA list!

I've mainly done web programming on and off for the last 8 years, starting
with Perl, PHP and in the last 12 months writing almost 100% Python. It is
so much faster for rapidly prototyping ideas and its lack of verbosity makes
coding in Python much more enjoyable.

While going back to study at Adelaide Uni I am working on two main projects
written in Python:

FeedTagger: http://www.feedtagger.com/
 An RSS Aggregator that allows searching and browsing of localised blogs -
only australian capital cities are populated for now

Inteblog: http://www.inteblog.com/
 Newsletter, Email List, Website Management tool. Post a message and it can
go out via Email, RSS and into a website.

Both projects use combinations of; Python, CherryPy, Twisted Matrix,
PyLucene, MySQLdb

What other Python projects are people in SA working on? Any web based
services?

Cheers,
Chris