[sapug] Stateless Iteration

Daryl Tester Daryl.Tester at iocane.com.au
Mon Jun 12 06:09:57 CEST 2006

stephen white wrote:

> While you're using XML, there doesn't seem to be a way around the
> problem as the answer is to stream the data, whereas XML is formatted
> in blocks.

I'd strike the same issue if I used traditional RPC, UDP or REST.
The absence of a streaming connection means that the session data
that would be implicit to the connection (e.g. holding a cursor to
a DB open) has to reside elsewhere.

Streaming XML isn't out of the question; just view a document as a
rather large packet.  Then all you need is some session information
... and I'm kinda back to where I started.

It's related to SYN cookies, except I may need to recover more
state (I'm not sure; I don't have a formal method for achieving
this yet).

--
Regards,
  Daryl Tester, IOCANE Pty. Ltd.