[sapug] Python File Format library

Michael Cohen michael.cohen at netspeed.com.au
Tue Oct 3 12:44:04 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 07:44:05PM +0930, nepBabu.cx wrote:
> Good day Michael,
> atm I am learning to use many of the tools such as tcpdump, ethereal, nc
> and nmap myself to secure my box.
> Basically, my question is, what's the advantage of pyflag over them and
> what else can we accomplish more using pyflag other than investigating
> large amount of logs ?

nepBabu,
  PyFlag is a forensic utility for post incident analysis, not so much a secure
  your box type utility. The main page is at http://pyflag.sf.net/ which might
  give you more information about the pyflag tool itself.

  The File Format Library is a small part of the main project - because we need
  to read and interpret many different file types.

  Michael.