[sapug] hello everyone

Chris Foote chris at inetd.com.au
Wed Oct 4 03:41:39 CEST 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, nepBabu.cx wrote:

> Daryl Tester wrote:
>> nepBabu.cx wrote:
>>
>>> btw, this list doesn't seem to be so populated with people ?
>>> The gaps between the posts are very intermittent ?
>>
>> It's a local (South Australian) list, more social than anything
>> else, so I'm not sure how much Python you will learn from it.
>> It also seems to be populated by weirdos with interests in
>> languages outside of Python ...
>
> Hi Daryl,
> I am in SA as well. :) It's sort of strange because I keep hearing this
> REPL thing, which sounded like fancy term for PERL (which is btw, the
> most obfuscated nonsensical language out of which we can get something
> done in one line) but a bit of googling helped there
> (read-event-print-loop if I am correct?).

almost: s/event/eval/

> And then again Erlang! ha!.
>
> But it's really good that I joined atleast, learn something new in every
> post. :)

You might also want to check out the comp.lang.python newsgroup -
very high volume, but there's lots of excellent posts and high signal
to noise ratio.  (comp.lang.python.announce is good too to see what
interesting stuff everyone's writing with Python).

--
Chris Foote <chris at inetd.com.au>
Inetd Pty Ltd T/A HostExpress