[sapug] AdPY meetup?

Tim Wegener twegener at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 2 09:42:55 CEST 2007

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:45:10 +0930
Daryl Tester <dt-sapug at handcraftedcomputers.com.au> wrote:

> What topics would be interesting to people?  I know what floats
> my boat won't necesssarily float other people's boats (and I
> see Darryl has put his hand up for Django :-), but would anyone
> be interested in the following?
>
> * A comparision of testing frameworks under Python

Interesting. Hopefully it would include doctest, py.test, nose, unittest for starters and dogtail as a bonus.
Case studies and/or how-tos on test driven development would be interesting, also. (Especially something like moving a legacy project to a unittest based setup.)

> * Beginner's guide to Pygresql

This sounds a bit specific given that there are so many db interfaces psycopg, PyPgSQL, equivalent ones for mysql, etc and then abstractions like SqlAlchemy, Elixir, SQLObject, Storm.

> Or some future ones (this stuff is either current or imminent;
> when finished, I need to sit down and do some post-project
> reviewing).
>
> * Python executables

Meh.

> * Managing ISP configurations through Jabber and Python Agents

Now you're talking! :-)

> (the last one is definitely a personal boat floater :-).

Tim