[sapug] twisted.mail versus imaplib

John Steele Scott toojays at toojays.net
Sat Aug 4 04:08:00 CEST 2007

I've got a small project which needs to log into an IMAP server and grab
some message attachments. I've had a look at the imaplib which is included
with Python, but it feels a bit clunky to me. I'm considering using
twisted.mail.imap4 instead. Any thoughts?

The downside seems to be that twisted is a fairly large framework, and,
having not used it before, it's hard to see where to get started. There's
an imap4client example, but it looks like I have to absorb a huge chunk of
twisted before I can really understand what's going on.

cheers,

John