[sapug] twisted.mail versus imaplib

Daryl Tester dt-sapug at handcraftedcomputers.com.au
Sun Aug 5 23:08:01 CEST 2007

John Steele Scott wrote:

> I've got a small project which needs to log into an IMAP server and grab
> some message attachments. I've had a look at the imaplib which is included
> with Python, but it feels a bit clunky to me. I'm considering using
> twisted.mail.imap4 instead. Any thoughts?

<mode advocate="devil">
Putting on my "business" hat (if this is a work application), what's
that clunky about the imaplib interface that would require you to
spend a significant amount of time learning an entirely new framework?
</mode>

If it's a personal itch, well then more power to you.  :-)

--
Regards,
  Daryl Tester

"Bad kitty.  Stop plotting evil."