[sapug] competition idea

Matthew Naylor Matthew.Naylor at adpro.com.au
Fri Mar 9 00:54:10 CET 2007

I am not sure what age group your programmers are, but
what about using "pygame" and running a competition to
produce games for preschool children? I am sure it's
been done before but it has a very practical outcome
for future parents (both male and female).

To help things along you could provide a working game
as a template so that the students can immediately see
how their changes affect results.

The challenge for you will be to prevent or detect
plagiarism of any of the many existing games that can
be downloaded!

With the same pygame framework, if you are up to the
task yourself, you could knock up a robot/car/flight
simulator with an API that the kids can interface to
and control. Their task might be to automatically
navigate some terrain based on feedback from your
simulated sensors.

Matthew Naylor