[sapug] competition idea

Daryl Tester dt-sapug at handcraftedcomputers.com.au
Tue Mar 13 19:32:04 CET 2007

Sorry for the late reply.

Janet Hawtin wrote:

> There is an idea to have a competition to encourage girls to get into
> programming and IT. It has been suggested that using python for a
> competition in schools might be a good way to do this.

Not that this is specifically aimed at women, but there is a
"Python in Education" SIG hosted at python.org under
<http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/edu-sig/> that
are certainly attempting to address issues of Python in
general education, including "non-programmers".

> Wondering if you all have ideas about what kinds of projects and tools
> might work well for this kind of competition.

I would have suggested PyGame, but the last time I used it (6
months ago?) I found it difficult to use for lack of documentation.

--
Regards,
  Daryl Tester