[sapug] New to Adelaide and Python ...

John Steele Scott toojays at toojays.net
Thu May 10 14:12:28 CEST 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007 12:50:48 +0930, Robert Nansel wrote:
> Anyway, I eventually I hope to apply Python to the more resource-
> constrained environments typical of embedded systems (single-chip
> microcontrollers, limited RAM, no hard disk, etc.).  Does anyone on
> this list do such work?

Welcome Bobby,

I'm doing a fair bit of microcontroller work (no robotics, just dataloggers
mostly), but the biggest device I'm using only has 24kB of flash and 2kB of
RAM. Although I use Python regularly during development, I've never
contemplated putting a Python VM on the micro. Is that what you meant?

I mostly use Python for quick & dirty datalogger<->PC communications,
testing, and the occasional bit of code generation (i.e. writing Python
programs which spit out C code for me).

regards,

John