[sapug] New to Adelaide and Python ...

Michael Cohen michael.cohen at netspeed.com.au
Thu May 10 14:33:39 CEST 2007

Bobby,
  I once compiled python for openwrt based wgt634u routers. I think it was just
  under a mb but its a heavy price to pay when your flash is 4mb in total.
  Might be ok for some things though. I can dig up the build scripts if you
  like.

  The thing about python is that the interpreter is quite small, but by the
  time you add up all the standard library modules it can become very large -
  thats when touch and find are your friends (basically set atime to 0, run
  your unit tests and then use find to work out which modules were touched and
  include them in).

  Python has a great feature where modules can be used directly from a zip file
  which keeps the size down. But ultimately with use of squashfs makes little
  difference i suppose.

  Michael.