[sapug] Plethora of jobs on SEEK for Python programmers in Adelaide.

Chris Foote chris at inetd.com.au
Fri Mar 7 07:30:58 CET 2008

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008, Kim Hawtin wrote:

> - the bottom six languages are taught in Universities.

C & C++ much less so than in the past it would seem.  (IMHO that's a
good thing from an educational perspective.)

> - the bottom three languages are taught at TAFE
>
> - go to borders and pretty much the only books you'll find are on the bottom
> six languages

hmm..  A couple of years ago I purchased Practical Common LISP from there.
I found that Dymocks in Rundle Mall always had a good selection of Python,
Perl & PHP books.

The book market for Python and other dynamic languages seems to have a
higher ratio to traditional lanuages than what the job market suggests.
Perhaps it's because dynamic languages have higher adoption from
programmers outside of their employment ?

Chris Foote <chris at inetd.com.au>
Inetd Pty Ltd T/A HostExpress
Web:   http://www.hostexpress.com.au
Blog:  http://www.hostexpress.com.au/drupal/chris