[sapug] Plethora of jobs on SEEK for Python programmers in Adelaide.

stephen white steve at adam.com.au
Fri Mar 7 15:32:49 CET 2008

On 07/03/2008, at 10:40 PM, Daryl Tester wrote:
> 10 requests per second (not particularly high, but real-world).  Its
> uptime frequently matches the box (I can reload the business logic
> portion without having to restart the entire process).  Its peak

Ah, you're forcing me to bring out the big guns of my chosen obscure
programming language!

I am comparing the single process completing request model of
computation against large clusters or grid computing. Here's how it's
shaping up in my chosen obscure programming language!

	http://blog.neontology.com/posts/2008/03/02/objective-c-actors

and that's somewhat based on the ease of doing distributed objects
with Smalltalk messaging conventions:

	http://blog.neontology.com/posts/2008/02/17/simple-distributed-objects

It can't have escaped your attention that there's a certain Lisp
flavour to the syntax:

	http://blog.neontology.com/posts/2008/01/13/y-combinator

Of course you don't have to use Cocoa or GNUStep...

	http://blog.neontology.com/posts/2008/02/22/smallsockets

But it does stay right up to date with the very latest!

	http://blog.neontology.com/posts/2008/03/06/nu-iphone-sdk

All the meta-power of Lisp, the sanity of Smalltalk, the metal of C,
and the complete absence of any bridging between those layers.

AND... the best feature of all!

	You can indent it any way you like!

Can't argue with that! ;)

   steve at adam.com.au