ANN: scikits.image v0.2

Tony S Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 14:55:15 EST 2009

I believe the most recent release still requires python 2.6.

I've uploaded a fix to remove the dependency on enhanced decorators.
There are two branches on github (http://github.com/tonysyu/scikits.image
): one named "compatibility2.5" and and the other "compatibility2.5x".
The first uses conventional setter and getter methods, while the
second uses a workaround to hide the setter and getter from the class
namespace.

Also, I noticed that the doctests in the io package are not really
maintained. I fixed some file loading issues in my "io_doctest"
branch. One test still fails because I'm not sure how to rewrite it
without making it really ugly (the test prints out the filepaths in a
collection, but you want to test the filename). Also, a doctest for
io.show fails because there's no default plugin showing images.

Cheers,
-Tony