BSD license in scikits.image

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Sun Oct 4 01:05:11 EDT 2009

Hey Stefan,

Curious - what happened to the 3rd clause of the BSD license in the
LICENSE.txt in Scikits.image?  This is the one I'm talking about:
* Neither the name of the <organization> nor the names of its
contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
this software without specific prior written permission.
^-- That one. I think it's a pretty important one, no? Implicit
protection from people using any contributor's name re: the software
without permission.
(note that this isn't the "advertising clause" that people sometimes
talk about being removed from the BSD license, that was "All
advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must
display the following acknowledgement" and is a bad, bad rule for many
reasons).
Cheers,
David