what functions from OpenCV do you all want to see included?

Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 07:58:54 EDT 2009

Given the existing machinery of the wrapper, the following functions
will be relatively easy to implement.

# already implemented

cvSobel
cvLaplace
cvCanny
cvPreCornerDetect
cvCornerEigenValsAndVecs
cvCornerMinEigenVal
cvCornerHarris
cvSmooth

# will be implemented

cvFindCornerSubPix
cvGoodFeaturesToTrack
cvResize
cvWarpAffine
cvWarpPerspective
cvRemap
cvLogPolar
cvErode
cvDilate
cvMorphologyEx
cvFilter2D
cvIntegral
cvCvtColor
cvThreshold
cvAdaptiveThreshold
cvPyrDown
cvPyrUp
cvPyrMeanShiftFiltering
cvWatershed
cvDistTransform
cvInpaint
cvMatchTemplate
cvContourArea
cvArcLength
cvPointPolygonTest
cvMinAreaRect2
cvMinEnclosingCircle
cvCalcOpticalFlowHS
cvCalcOpticalFlowLK
cvCalcOpticalFlowBM
cvCalcOpticalFlowPyrLK
cvFindStereoCorrespondence

# misc - do we want these
-use highgui for an imshow type function
-use highgui for image IO
-use highgui for video IO

If have a hankering desire for some other OpenCV function to be
included, please speak up. Adding function other than what is shown
here is possible, but its a lot more work that requires implementing
new data structures, etc... Thus, if there is not an overwhelming
desire for additional stuff, its probably best to leave the other
functions to the official opencv wrappers...

The last part at the bottom i'm curious if we even want. I mean we
already have pylab.imshow, and we will have image io, so i dont think
they are necessary.

Thanks for any comments,

Cheers!

Chris