plots in docs

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Oct 14 08:29:59 EDT 2009

2009/10/14 Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>:
> I was fighting with the MPL plot_directive for a while, then with the
> numpydoc version, because I did not want to copy the whole extension into
> the source tree. But now I see your changes that does seem like the best way
> to go after all.

I tried the matplotlib version this morning, and when it didn't work
out of the box tried to hack it into a better shape.  I was very
surprised to see that the quality of code in that extension
deteriorated since we grabbed it for numpy!  It's almost like the
numpy one was written by an entirely different person (I wonder how
much Pauli modded it).  Either way, I think it's good to have a
snapshot for our own purposed that does what we require (e.g., the
extra file copy).  Sometime in the future we'll look at matplotlib's
extension again.

Cheers