what functions from OpenCV do you all want to see included?

SirVer sirver at gmx.de
Thu Oct 15 02:43:05 EDT 2009

I definitely would love to have a calibration toolkit. I currently
have a wrapper around opencv in my own (very small) python image
processing toolbox that I need for my work. It detects checkerboxes in
images and allows to use/discard individual images quickly. To
calibrate a camera only takes 50pics of a checkerboard and 5 minutes.
I'd really like to loose the opencv dependency because I do not use it
except for the checkerboard finder (which is lousy in OpenCV), the
subpixel edge detector and the undistortion framework (which is
acceptable).

If anyone implements this in the scikit, I volunteer to contribute the
GUI script as userland tool (does depend on PyQt though).

as for highgui and similar, I feel that there is very much good GUI
Software out there for python (PyQt which is the best, wxpython,
tkinter). I feel it would be a bit wasteful to wrap the highgui stuff.
Just my 2c