Image acquisition (via camera) in scikit-image

SirVer sirver at gmx.de
Mon Oct 19 12:57:46 EDT 2009

On 19 Okt., 10:38, Stéfan van der Walt <ste... at sun.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi Holger
>
> 2009/10/19 SirVer <sir... at gmx.de>:
>
> > 1b) I would suggest using pyrex (because we are using this already) or
> > ctypes (because it doesn't introduce another dependency). I have a
> > good starting point (see below)
>
> A Cython solution would be excellent.  We should also take a look at
> what Andrew Straw has done:
>
> http://code.astraw.com/projects/motmot/libcamiface.html
I didn't know about this project. It seems like a lot of stuff is
already implemented
there. The python wrapper he provides are ctypes wrapper around a c
lib though. That means
the interface is not Pythonic at all.

Stéfan, which is the solution (1 or 2) you'd like to have for sckit-
images?

Cheers,
Holger