Image acquisition (via camera) in scikit-image

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Tue Oct 20 00:33:20 EDT 2009

2009/10/19 SirVer <sirver at gmx.de>:
> Stéfan, which is the solution (1 or 2) you'd like to have for sckit-
> images?

Personally, I'd prefer 1(b) [Cython wrapper] with a second choice 2
[close collaboration with an existing project], simply because it is
easier to manage code under our own roof.

In order to get this implemented as soon as possible, we should build
on the work done by yourself and Andrew.  His code is also BSD
licensed, so no problems there.

Also have a look at his higher-level Python wrapper:

http://code.astraw.com/projects/motmot/cam_iface.html

Cheers