Request for review / progress updates

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Sat Oct 31 17:55:40 EDT 2009

Hey guys,

I finally got around to writing a draft of the proposed plugin system.
 You'll find this work in the 'io' branch at

http://github.com/stefanv/scikits.image

It's still a work in progress, but I welcome all comments.  Example plugins are

http://github.com/stefanv/scikits.image/blob/io/scikits/image/io/matplotlib_plugin.py
http://github.com/stefanv/scikits.image/blob/io/scikits/image/io/pil_plugin.py

I've merged Ralf's colour space conversions, as well as his code
coverage enhancements.  Ralf is now documenting the coverage process
and will also look at improving the execution time of the slow filter
tests.

For OpenCV, Chris wrote a docs-decorator that now provides us with
links to the OpenCV online reference:

http://stefanv.github.com/scikits.image/api/scikits.image.opencv.html#cvlaplace

He added more functions to the cv module, and is busy implementing
some checks to make sure that even slices out of ndarray's may be
passed to OpenCV, whenever possible.

Tony Yu (welcome!) did some work on loading paletted images.  I'll be
sure to review those changes tomorrow.

Have yourselves a splendid weekend!

Cheers