OpenCV?

Damian Eads eads at soe.ucsc.edu
Fri Sep 25 04:44:46 EDT 2009

LIBCVD: http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~er258/cvd/

Have you considered LIBCVD as an alternative to OpenCV? It is highly
optimized for frame-rate real-time applications but also has a nice,
succinct, simple (almost pythonic) syntax.

For example,

   Image<float> img = img_load("lena.png")
   Image<float> out(img.size());
   convolveGaussian(img, out, 3.0);

loads an image from a file and convolves a Gaussian with it.

LIBCVD's design is very simple: there are only three main classes and
its interface is designed to be very functional so it translates from
Python very nicely. Most of its dependencies are optional so it
compiles very easily. You don't have to use pointers very much in
LIBCVD, which eliminates many kinds of bugs--iteration is done with
highly optimized and succinct iterators and index operators (e.g.
image[y][x]). Best of all, it's very fast.

Damian

PS: I'm cc'ing Edward Rosten who's the author of LIBCVD.