Color spaces

S. Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 11:31:44 EDT 2010

Yeah there are definately issues when using pure numpy for color conversions. The most salient is the inability to use a LUT to speed up the computation. This of course is trivial to do in cython and the chief reason why the fancy imshow widget is so fast when manipulating the color space. The downside is handling all the different numpy datatypes. Stefan and i are talking about the best way to do some templating with cython to avlleviate some of this.