Color spaces

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Sat Jul 3 10:47:52 EDT 2010

On 3 July 2010 07:13, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> More color spaces is good, but it's important to reference everything very
> well and also decide on the scaling for float/uint etc.

This is a good point, one that Chris and I also discussed yesterday.
Here's a proposed guideline:

1. Functions should allow the following types of input images, unless
explicitly documented otherwise:

float, double
uint8
uint16

2. Functions should output the same type of output image, unless
explicitly documented otherwise.

3. Floating point images must be [0, 1].  Uint8 images are [0, 255]
and Uint16 images [0, 65535].

Does that sound reasonable?  We can write a test decorator to ensure
that these requirements are upheld.

Regards