RFR: IO cleanup

Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 09:29:29 EDT 2010

Did we decided on a standard for which dtypes we will support?

Some of the color conversions can be sped up in Cython with a lut (ala
scivi), but we would need to write one func for each dtype.

I am working on a webinar for image processing and am getting back into
using th scikit, so there are some things I'm seeing during use that I would
like to improve, but would require knowledge of what dtypes to support.

Chris