contributing C/Cython code to the scikit

Emmanuelle Gouillart emmanuelle.gouillart at normalesup.org
Thu Sep 9 17:43:36 EDT 2010

	Hello,

	I'm in contact with researchers in image processing and computer
vision who have developed a C library for image processing. As they are
also using Python, they may be interested in contributing some parts of
their existing code to the scikit. I would like to know if it is
compatible with the development policy of the scikit to include C code
wrapped with cython in order to use numpy arrays (provided there is a
significant speed benefit, and that good documentation and tests are
provided, of course), or if pure Python/Cython is required.

	I know some of their stuff which is really cool, like top-notch
denoising and segmentation, so I'm planning to give them a hand anyway in
order to cythonize the code, but it would be even better if some of the
work could be contributed to the scikit.

	So tell me about your opinion on C code in the scikit :-D.

	Cheers,

	Emmanuelle