denoising algorithms / working with Github

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Sep 22 02:25:41 EDT 2010

Hi Emmanuelle

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Emmanuelle Gouillart
<emmanuelle.gouillart at normalesup.org> wrote:
> Just a git/github question for the future: when Mael has a set of files
> that are polished enough for a pull request, will it be better to start a
> new branch that is a clone of Stefan's main branch, and add these new
> files to the new branch, for a cleaner commit tree? How do you proceed
> usually?

I think there is a lot to be said for a clean commit, especially if
you can avoid large binary files (like the Lena he checked in).

So, yes, I'd create a new branch, cherry pick, merge, rebase, go crazy
until the thing looks good, and then do a pull request.

Hope that's what you were asking :)

Cheers