Registration algorithms

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Apr 20 16:27:29 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I noticed a recent publication in IEEE Transactions on Image Processing today:

HAIRIS: A Method for Automatic Image Registration Through
Histogram-Based Image Segmentation
Hernâni Gonçalves, José Alberto Gonçalves, and Luís Corte-Real, Member, IEEE

This could be a fun project!  It seems to be a fairly robust method
for doing registration without any tweaking parameters.

I've also considered some other registration algorithms based on
projections of the log-polar transform, in addition to existing code I
wrote to do feature-based registration.  Registration is one of the
few "solved problems" that always causes problems!

If you have bored students over the holidays, send them my way...

Regards