scikits.image sprints at EuroScipy and SciPy 2011

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Fri Aug 19 19:37:33 EDT 2011

Hey, Emmanuelle!

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 3:07 AM, Emmanuelle Gouillart
<emmanuelle.gouillart at normalesup.org> wrote:
> are we sprinting before Euroscipy, eventually? If people are up for
> sprinting, we have rooms and Internet access on Tuesday 23 and Wednesday
> 24. There will also be rooms available during the conference (25-28), but
> this gives less time because we all want to attend to the talks, don't
> we ;-)? So, who is available for sprinting?

I'll definitely be there.  I think one of the main aims of the sprint
for me will be to

 - Merge and test Pieter Holtzhausen's GSoC changes
 - Add tools for easy writing of tutorials (we'll borrow from nipy, perhaps)
 - Fill out the MATLAB compatibility chart that Kyle Mandli
implemented at SciPy2011
 - Prepare for the release of 0.3

> Let's start: I'm free on Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th; I'll have much
> less time during the conference itself, being one of the organizers.

I'll definitely be there those days as well.  I'm teaching during the
conference, but apart from that I'll work on this and IPython.

Regards