Greyscale reconstruction and merging CellProfiler code

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 10:21:18 EDT 2011

2011/8/21 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>

> Hi Tony
>
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Tony Yu <tsyu80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > P.S. Stéfan: were you able to build the tutorial on my "reconstruction"
> > branch?
>
> This is the result I get (had to fix a small problem in the data_path
> first):
>
> http://mentat.za.net/refer/pp.tar.gz
>
> Could you verify that that looks right?

Wow, that's weird. The first 4 images (peak_detection-orig,
peak_detection-smooth, peak_detection-thresh_bg, peak_detection-peaks) are
rendered incorrectly. It looks like the ipython directive is taking a
previous mpl figure (apparently from the Hough transform docs) and plotting
into one of the subplots of that figure. I guess the state of the ipython
directive is maintained across docs, so I should start the doc page by
closing all other figures.

It sounds like there are plans to decide on a tutorial format at EuroScipy,
so I'm inclined to wait until the dust has settled. Also, do you think the
morphological reconstruction routine looks general/useful enough to include?

Best,
-Tony