Progress towards the next release

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Tue Aug 30 07:36:07 EDT 2011

Hi all,

We've made some progress at the sprint last night towards the 0.3
release.  Thanks go out to Emmanuelle, Gaël, Thouis, David as well as
Chris (whom we never saw, but who merged a patch silently :).

I'll be travelling for the next 10 days, but thereafter I plan to
round this up and cut the release.  Here's what's cooking:

- Emmanuelle is incorporating cellprofiler morphology funcs (watershed & others)
- Stefan is creating the Debian packages, sorting out the windows
builder, and writing up the dtype overview
- Thouis & Kyle are completing the functionality overview table
- Gael is improving the implementation of TV denoise using fista
- David is setting up our bento build script
- The team (that's you!) is reviewing Pieter's Google Summer of Code patches

We need to hear from you!  If there's anything you need to get in
before the release, now's a good time.

Also, we need a new logo for the website--I know someone must be able
to draw prettier pictures than me, so don't be shy!

http://github.com/scikits-image

Regards