Feature requests for 0.5

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Thu Dec 8 22:18:32 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 2:17 AM, Thouis Jones <thouis.jones at curie.fr> wrote:
> From the bio corner of the world, I would suggest nearly everything here:
> http://murphylab.cbi.cmu.edu/services/SLF/

Thanks, Ray.  For my own future reference, here's the actual list:

http://murphylab.web.cmu.edu/services/SLF/features.html

Luckily, many of these are easy to compute once the object has been
isolated (a one or two-liner) in NumPy.  So we just have to define a
standard API to calculate features, something like:

feature(values, positions)

Around that, we can then build an additional layer that handles them
per labeled object, e.g.

each(feature, labeled_image)

We'll probably borrow heavily from cpmath where we can.  Since you
have a lot of experience with this stuff, your feedback is appreciated
(because, in the end, it would be great if you guys could actually use
these tools!).

Cheers