PKG: Cant seem to build scikits debian package from source

Jerome Kieffer google at terre-adelie.org
Fri Dec 23 12:14:49 EST 2011

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:28:33 +0530
harish badrinath <harishbadrinath at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I cant seem to build scikits-image from source using debuild.
>
> Here are the steps i followed:
> a)I checkout master and debian branches in seprate directories.
> b) export master branch as a tar ball
> c) run dh_make (a debian specific packaging helper script)
> d) copy the contents of the debian directory to the directory in which
> i ran dh_make
> e) run debbuild

I suggest you to install python-stdeb (on recent ubuntu/debian systems) then simply use the setup.py:

python setup.py --command-packages=stdeb.command bdist_deb

to create a debian package. Most of the case it works out of the box (I just tested on scikits-git and it is OK).

Cheers
--
Jerome Kieffer <google at terre-adelie.org>