Help on updating website

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Tue Jul 5 19:26:23 EDT 2011

Hi all

I examined the IPython website structure over the weekend, and think
we can borrow some ideas there.

1. Have a decent landing page--not the user guide.
2. Store the generated webpage in a separate repo, not to pollute the
code repo.  We should therefore have the following repos:
    - scikits.image (also contains user guide rst)
    - scikits.image-web (landing page rst)
    - scikits.image-web-html (generated web page)
    - scikits.image-doc-html (generated manuals)

Then, I'm also thinking of moving the project to a new entity on
github.  What would you suggest?  "scikits-image.github.com" or
"scikit-image.github.com" (the latter is the convention that
scikits.learn uses, but not sure whether that is the best form?).
Having the project move away from my name means that I can add other
administrators to the project, so that I am not the bottleneck in
applying patches.

If you know of a person who would be willing to help with the webpage
design, please let me know.

Thanks!