Almost ready to issue pull for Canny?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 27 10:50:14 EDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Dan Farmer <dfarmernv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> I merged Cell Profiler's Canny over last weekend and spent this week
> "dogfooding" it on my own project, I had a few questions and ideas to
> run by before I push it back to github.
>
> 1. Organization: In general the CP filter code is mostly in one file,
> I tried to follow the example of the constant time median filter merge
> that was already done. I just wanted to make sure that you guys want
> one filter per file?

I find the files under filter/ too short now, that could all be in a
single file IMHO. Python is not Matlab:)

> 3. As far as the pull request goes, do I just merge my local canny
> branch back into master locally and then push that to github or do I
> actually push the branch to github and issue a pull against that?

It's better not to do any merges into or from master. Just push your
branch to github and then send a pull request. There's documentation
on how to work with git branches at
http://stefanv.github.com/scikits.image/gitwash/development_workflow.html

Cheers,
Ralf