FreeImage_GetPitch not found (on Win7 x64)

Dan Farmer dfarmernv at gmail.com
Thu May 19 03:07:10 EDT 2011

So I made the change/minor fork for ctypeslib.load_library and it
worked great for me. I had a few thoughts though.

1. The idea about pushing back to Numpy sounds great, but I wonder how
to test it well enough? I imagine this is the type of thing that is
used a lot and could break a lot of code if the behavior changes
(e.g., people have already worked around it in some other manner,
etc.) -- this one is minor from the scikits perspective, I just
haven't really thought about how to change something in such a mature
library before.

2. The "auto-detect" idea that Zach mentioned sounds good (try to
import and call a function and if it fails try to load using the other
calling convention and try again), but again thinking about Stefan's
upstream comment that requires that load_library has some knowledge
about the library being loaded (e.g., it needs a candidate test
function to try to call).

Anyway just thinking out loud, I'll push the branch in the morning
(late here) and we can see if some other windows users can try it out
to make sure it works on other systems.

Thanks,
Dan