skimage @scipy India

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Mon Nov 14 23:41:51 EST 2011

Hi all,

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Emmanuelle Gouillart
<emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org> wrote:
> Compared to my earlier tutorial, I'll probably include more examples from
> skimage as we had a recent release with more goodies, more documentation,
> etc. and it's worth advertising the scikit :-D. I will also give a talk
> at the main conference where I plan to speak about skimage.

Excellent!  Let me know if you need help putting examples together.
You are also welcome to use any material I prepared for EuroScipy, of
course.

>        Speaking of releases, I'd love to mention/use the new name
> `skimage` of the scikit during my talks. Stéfan, any chance that 0.4
> could be released before Scipy India?

Absolutely!  I was meaning to push out a release a week or so ago, but
I still need some help updating the Debian package (specifically the
license file, and renaming from scikits-image to skimage).  Any
volunteers?

>        There is also the possibility to have sprints at scipy india on
> December 6th, I'll see if some people are interested at the conference in
> participating to a skimage sprint.

Examples may be a great way to get people started.  I also want to
have a docs sprint sometime soon, because our user guide is in a
rather sorry (non-existent) state.