A big thanks for 0.3!

Nelle Varoquaux nelle.varoquaux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 01:30:39 EDT 2011

2011/10/10 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>

> Hi Nelle
>
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Nelle Varoquaux
> <nelle.varoquaux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can do that, if it can wait until this week-end! I've used grep in the
> > past for such tasks :)
>
> Thanks, that'd be great!  Could you also investigate what happens to
> our pull requests when we change the naming?  I have a feeling they
> may not appreciate it.

I think that the "merge" button disappears when github can't do the merge
without manual intervention, so you have to do it "by hand", by fetching the
code, and rebasing locally on your computer.
Else, I don't think the pull request themselves are going to be affected. Of
course, some of the patches will need some reworking.

> The scikit-learn guys have both scikits.learn and sklearn subpackages,
> but we'll stick to one and simply move from scikits.image to skimage
> for the next release.

I worked on that yesterday, and I almost have a patch running.
Unfortunately, I seem to have a problem with the cython generated part, that
I can't import (I can't find the *.so files manually as well). I have the
same problem on master. I'm using cython 0.15.1.
As soon as I've sorted that cython problem, I'll have a patch.