Progress towards the next release

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Thu Sep 15 20:09:45 EDT 2011

Hi Tony

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Tony Yu <tsyu80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still playing around with colors and levels---as you can see in the
> first attachment (demo_array). Also, I've attached some mock-ups of a banner
> using the logo (demos 1 & 2). demo_2 is in reference to the package rename
> discussion. (Somewhat identifiable with scikits.image and pronounceable; I'm
> not sure if I like the way it looks in print, though.)

I just read the code you wrote to do this; very cool!  How did you
determine the coefficients for the SciPy spline?

Also, which font did you use for the logos you made?  If you have an
SVG file, maybe also include that in the archive.  I'm thinking of
adding all of this into the main repo.  In fact, we should probably
use this as a tutorial example.

The snake logo + text as it appears on the Lena example will do
perfectly for the webpage.

Thanks!