Stable vs Dev version, document image enhancement

Josh Warner silvertrumpet999 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 23:22:00 EST 2012

Hi Parand,

Welcome!  Most of the gallery examples work in the current release (0.7.2 I
believe), but the rank filter is in a PR that was merged recently, and is
presently only in the dev version.  You may want the functionality in the
rank filter for OCR work, where fast local operations like the otsu
threshold could be very beneficial.

I'll let other people answer the questions about specific references as I'm
on the road, but I think most of what you need to do is available in
scikit-image.

Josh Warner